Free Field Trips
Free Mr. Murph Field Trips available to all Public, Private or Home Schools for the 2011-12 school year!
Tulsa Recycle and Transfer is happy to offer students an opportunity for a behind the scenes glimpse of the recycling process with our very own Mr. Murph (Material Recovery Facility).
These field trips provide a terrific hands-on experience when it comes to learning about recycling while also re-enforcing important science basics.
Field trips include:
• A visit to TRT’s very own Mr. Murph (Material Recovery Facility).
• An opportunity to learn about the recycling process and how our garbage impacts Tulsa’s environment.
• Hands-on activities at TRT to demonstrate the science behind sorting recyclables.
• Learning about the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) and our responsibility for reducing waste in our city.
• Pre-field trip lessons created by TRT.
• Reimbursement for travel costs.
TRT is offering field trips, on a first-come-first-serve basis, to all Tulsa County public or private school groups during the 2011-2012 school calendar year. Hours for the field trips are Monday-Thursday from 10 am – 12 pm or 1pm- 3pm.
Please note: In consideration of your safety and comfort, we can only accommodate one class per field trip with a maximum of 35 students plus chaperones.
TRT will reimburse schools for any travel costs to and from the school.
Our field trip program is part of our mission to educate the community about recycling and to demonstrate the role we all can play in conserving our natural resources.
To ensure the absolute best learning experience we can, we ask that teachers complete the following:
Before your field trip…
• Review your school’s standards for field trips and submit any paperwork required to leave the campus.
• Upon receiving your Teacher Pre-Field Trip Packet in the mail, please review all materials.
• Send home Permission Slips to parents.
• Make sure you have at least one adult Chaperone for every 10 students. This is required!
• Prepare students for their field trip with the Pre-Trip Lesson Plans enclosed in the confirmation packet prior to your field trip.
• Make sure students dress appropriately for the weather and wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
After your field trip…
• Complete the Teacher Evaluation and send back to TRT.
• Conduct the Student Reflection with your class and mail the class set to TRT.
• Initiate a recycling program at your school! You can even request a Mr. Murph Container for your school.
Please choose field trip dates a minimum of 4 weeks out. You may request a specific date and time with your online registration. We will do our best to accomodate your request based on a first-come-first-serve basis.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at (918) 446-0023.