Some Safer Household Alternatives
We all have cans and bottles of the stuff… toxic materials in the form of harsh cleaners, polishers, and sprays that are worse for us than just living in a dirty house. Although we think we may need all these things to clean properly, the better idea is to just get rid of the stuff and use some safer alternatives instead.
• Instead of bleach and other toxic cleaning agents, try using baking soda. Mixed with water, it’s great for cleaning grout, counters, and fixtures. Also try mixing it with vinegar for an ideal window cleaner.
• Mineral oil is a terrific furniture polisher and floor wax without the overpowering smell.
• Use garlic to get rid of mold and mildew and beer, believe it or not, to get rid of pests in the house. Peppermint oil also works to repel pests and rid your pets of fleas.
• Plant sprays— wipe leaves with mild soap and water.
• Ant control—sprinkle equal parts of Borax and powdered sugar on the anthills. Paprika around the house is also a good bug barrier.
• Borax and water—good detergent and spray disinfectant.
• Club Soda—instant stain remover.
• Air Freshener—simmer cloves and cinnamon in boiling water; vinegar, baking soda also work well.
Hear of something good?
Let me know and I’ll include in upcoming posts.
See you soon,